As my mind was drifting last night, I started thinking about fountain features in malls, as most people do late at night. Then I started thinking about what goes into designing a mall, which led to the natural question – where’s the game for that? I have Rollercoaster Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon.
Where is Mall Tycoon?
Some features of Mall Tycoon:
- Good variety in food court
- Place for kids to hang out
- Mall cops, Bathrooms, and stores of course
This got me to thinking about my hometown’s local mall, which has sadly gone way down in quality the past 10 years. If I were to recreate this mall, I would need:
- 22 flea market shops
- 2 teenager/stoner/poster shops (I’m looking at you, “Hot Topic.”)
- 14 shoe shops
- Abandoned sealed off wing full of dead pigeons
- 2 decent department stores to lure people in
- 2 abandoned department stores turned into storage facilities
- 1 Bath & Body
Stay tuned next week when I describe my new game – Mexican Restaurant Tycoon ( Set price of Margaritas to 1 dollar – Restaurant full!)
Wow! I wasn’t the only one with the idea! Hmm…. I might need this game.